Top 3 New Year’s Eve cannabis recipes
Ring in the new year in style with these recipes for weed-infused Champagne, deviled eggs, and spinach-artichoke dip. We'll also recommend the best cannabis strains to include in your NYE celebrations!
Can you think of a better way to ring in the new year than by getting high? We thought not. That's why we've compiled our favourite cannabis strains and weed recipes to help you throw the perfect NYE cannabis party!
Things to keep in mind when throwing a weed-themed NYE party
Before you send 2023 up in smoke, remember the following tips for a smooth NYE weed party.
- Pick the right strains: There's nothing worse than feeling locked to the couch in the middle of a party. This NYE, remember to select your strains carefully to accompany every moment of the celebration. When making your own cannabis edibles/beverages for NYE, we recommend using high-energy strains to keep the party going!
- Pace yourself: Just like with alcohol, pacing yourself is key when ringing in the new year with cannabis. Know your tolerance, and make sure to take it easy as you indulge.
- Take your edibles early: Edibles are a great way to enjoy cannabis, especially if you don't smoke. Just remember that edibles can take an hour or more to kick in, so take them early to ensure you're perfectly buzzed when the party's underway.
- Keep plenty of munchies and non-alcoholic beverages handy: Staying well-fed and hydrated is key when you're getting lit. Whether you're hosting a party at your house or painting the town with friends, always keep some munchies and water, juice, or a soft drink handy to keep the party going.
- Remember these essential tips when cooking with cannabis to ensure your edibles come out delicious and potent!
- Organise your ride home in advance: Never drive under the influence of weed—make sure you organise your ride home. And if you've chosen to stay sober and be the designated driver for your friends and family, we salute you!
The 5 best cannabis strains for NYE
Picking the right strain is key to having a great experience with cannabis. Below we've selected some favourite NYE strains treasured for their unique aromas, flavours, and effects. Be sure to check them out and include them in the recipes mentioned further below.
1. Girl Scout Cookies
GSC is easily one of the biggest names in modern cannabis. With its bold aroma that combines the smell of lemon, earth, and fresh herbs with hints of spice and sweetness, Girl Scout Cookies is a treat to both smoke and eat. Plus, its excellent potency ensures your infused foods and drinks really hit the spot, producing an uplifting initial euphoria followed by a neat, full-body physical relaxation. Thanks to its well-balanced effects, Girl Scout Cookies is an ideal strain for those who don't plan to stay out all night partying.
2. Wedding Cake
If you've got a sweet tooth, Wedding Cake is a great strain with which to infuse your NYE treats and drinks. Bred from Triangle Kush and Animal Mints, Wedding Cake is a high-potency hybrid with a delectable sweet aroma enriched with hints of pepper and vanilla. Wedding Cake is very potent, packing up to 25% THC and delivering an intense, uplifting euphoria that elevates the mood and senses before relaxing the entire body—just in time for the end of your NYE celebration.
3. Jack Herer
Jack Herer is a classic sativa with a cult following. Named after the iconic weed activist of the same name, Jack Herer buds boast a delicious aroma with upfront notes of pine, hints of spice, and underlying notes of fragrant wood. Jack Herer was bred from Haze, Northern Lights, and Shiva Skunk, inheriting top-shelf potency and uplifting effects that'll put a smile on your face after the first toke. The effects of Jack Herer immediately grip the mind, producing an energetic euphoria that's great for social celebrations and parties.
4. Green Crack
Don't let its name scare you—Green Crack is a delicious strain with uplifting and energising effects. The result of crossing Skunk #1 with an Afghan indica, Green Crack boasts great potency and a delicious aroma that combines hints of citrus and tropical fruit with a mouth-watering sweetness. She produces up to 18% THC and delivers invigorating, cerebral effects that will leave you feeling alert, happy, and social well into the new year.
5. Blue Dream
Blue Dream is another classic US hybrid that'll make a stellar addition to any NYE drink or edible recipe. She combines genetics from DJ Short's epic creation, Blueberry, and an uplifting Haze variety. Blue Dream boasts a sweet berry aroma and produces well-balanced effects. With 19% THC, one or two hits is all it takes for Blue Dream to put a smile on your face, unleash your inner social/creative energy, and leave you in the perfect state to enjoy the end of the year.
The best cannabis recipes for NYE
Now that you know which strains to pick when making your NYE drinks and edibles, it's time to get cooking. Below we've selected a handful of our favourite cannabis recipes that are perfect for ringing in the new year, including infused alcohol-free Champagne, savoury dip, and more!
If there's one thing that can't be missing from your NYE celebration, it's Champagne. Below, we'll teach you how to make mouth-watering alcohol-free cannabis Champagne!
- Non-alcoholic Champagne
- Fruit (strawberries, mangoes, peaches, nectarines, oranges, and blueberries all work great, but feel free to mix and match as you please!)
- Lemon sugar (recipe below)
- 2 lemons
- 100g white sugar
- Cannabis tincture (learn how to make your own)
- Food processor
- Champagne flutes
- Prepare the lemon sugar by combining the peels of two lemons with 100g of white sugar and processing the mixture in a food processor.
- Chop your fruit into bite-size pieces (or small enough to fit into the champagne flutes). Chill in the fridge or freezer as you follow step #3.
- Wet the rim of each flute with water and dip it in the lemon sugar. Make sure to coat the rim of each glass liberally and evenly.
- Fill each Champagne flute roughly halfway with fruit pieces.
- Drop your desired amount of cannabis tincture into each flute and fill it with non-alcoholic Champagne.
- Toast and enjoy!
Note: In this recipe, we've chosen to use non-alcoholic Champagne over regular Champagne. Learn more about the effects and risks of mixing cannabis and alcohol.
Weed-infused avocado deviled eggs
Deviled eggs are a classic party pleaser. These weed-infused avocado deviled eggs are sure to delight your smoking buddies as you celebrate together!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and cut in half)
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5–10ml cannabis tincture
- Salt, pepper
- Finely chopped chives (to garnish)
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Large bowl
- Peel and pit the avocados. Place the flesh of the avocados into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Use a teaspoon to gently scoop the cooked egg yolks from the hard-boiled eggs, and combine with the avocado.
- Add in your mustard, mayonnaise, cannabis tincture, and lemon juice. Mix everything with the fork until well-combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the emptied egg whites with the devilled egg mixture.
- Arrange on a plate or platter and garnish with finely chopped chives and a dash of paprika.
Weed, spinach, and artichoke dip
Last but not least in this collection of weed-infused recipes is this mouth-watering spinach and artichoke dip. Note that this recipe calls for cannabutter instead of cannabis tincture.
- 225g cream cheese
- 160g sour cream
- 80g mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp cannabutter
- 500g shredded mozzarella
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 125g grated Parmesan cheese
- 125g grated Gruyère cheese
- 300g chopped spinach
- 400g marinated artichoke hearts (chopped)
- Fresh chopped parsley or chives (to garnish)
- Loaf of bread or crackers (for dipping)
- Large bowl
- Hand mixer
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Large baking tray
- Decorative bowl (for serving)
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the cannabutter, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and garlic.
- Add in the chopped spinach, artichoke hearts, Gruyère, Parmesan, and 150g of mozzarella. Combine well with a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking tray and top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes or until the dip is bubbly and the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve in a decorative bowl with toasted bread for dipping, and garnish with fresh parsley or chives (optional).
There you have it! A selection of cannabis-infused drinks and snacks to elevate your NYE party and help you ring in the new year in style!