Happy 420! Here's your ultimate menu for celebrating 4/20
Last updated Published
Today is the day many a stoner waits for each year. The all-mighty. The one and only. The holy 4/20! In other words, 20th of April, the holiday of marijuana.
We will not go into the whole 420 thing because if you are reading this (and here) we assume you all know why and how and so on yada yada yada (and if you don’t, no problem, you can read here about the meaning of 420).
But then for the question that returns each year around this time: What to do on this day?
Is there an official marijuana-day ritual? Should everybody just smoke a big joint and listen to Bob Marley all day? Or how do weed-lovers spend it in general?
Ok look, we can help you with some simple suggestions. We could tell you to go and find yourself a nice festival. Big chance there is some reggae festival being organized in your local park or in a city near you.
We could tell you to use this day to become a Cannaterian e.g. a member of The First Church of Cannabis, or start a local chapter in your own town.
We could tell you to plant a (cannabis)tree on this day. But every day in spring is a good day to plant cannabis. And you won’t see any result until a few months later (see our grow guides).
We could even suggest you that abstaining yourself from our holy plant for 1 day is a good way to celebrate 420. You don’t know what you‘ve got ‘till it’s gone right?
But no, we will tell you none of this. Instead we will share with you how we plan celebrate here at our headquarters. We have been putting together a meal plan for the day! A cannabis-infused meal plan of course. Detoxing is for pussies.
We are probably the more lucky ones, who can afford to be a bit buzzed all day on a day like this. Yes, writing about cannabis all day has its perks. But you don’t have to be really stoned all day. You can also microdose cannabis.
So what would then be the perfect meal plan for a day like this? Well this was a hard one, because everything is great with cannabis. But after drooling over the different possibilities for several hours, we have managed to agree on the following:
4/20 CANNABIS MENU
- Coffee with a bit of cannabis coffee cream
- Banana-canna-pancakes for breakfast
- Canna-pizza for lunch
- Steak with chili chocolate cannabis sauce for dinner
- Cannabis ice cream for dessert
N.B. The following recipes are with estimated amounts of marijuana. Remember that edibles can hit harder then you expect, so feel free to judge the amounts according to your own experience. You can find more information on how to calculate strength of edibles here.
COFFEE WITH CANNABIS COFFEE CREAM
There are more ways to Rome. And there are more ways to make coffee with cannabis. We chose to make creamer instead of cannabis coffee, as you can use it for other things than just coffee as well.
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- +/- 0.5 grams of ground cannabis
- Whisk together the milk and cream in a saucepan over low heat until it’s simmering.
- Add the ground cannabis and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. Make sure to whisk it every now and then so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and let it simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Take the pan of the heat and strain the cream through a mesh sieve.
- Pour it into a glass jar and voilà! Your cannabis coffee cream is ready to be stored in the fridge, or used immediately!
The easiest way to make canna-pancakes is with cannabis butter. So first read our recipe for cannabis butter before starting on the canna pancake recipe.
- 1 ¼ cup of milk
- 1 ¼ cup of flour
- 2 tsp. of sugar
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 1 overripe banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. of cannabis butter
- Put the all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together.
- Mash the overripe banana into the mix with a fork.
- Add the egg and milk and whisk them together.
- Melt the cannabis butter and add it to the mix while whisking it.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the mix, as it will be a bit thick and lumpy.
- Heat up a bit of butter or vegetable oil in a non-stick pan. Spoon the pancakes into the pan and cook on a medium temperature.
- When bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancakes, they should be ready to be flipped. When the pancakes are golden brown they should be ready to be eaten!
You can top it with some fresh banana slices or go crazy and pour some chocolate sauce. Yum!
Cannabis is definitely one of the best gifts nature has offered us. But pizza is the best gift mankind has offered us. And pizza and cannabis is probably the oldest combination since the Stone(r) Age.
When stoned, eat pizza! It’s that simple. But how about eating a pizza to get stoned? Yeah baby!
One way would be to tell you how to make your pizza from scratch, using cannabis butter in the mix. But this takes a lot of time, and we presume you rather go for the easier way. The easiest way would be to just use cannabis as a topping.
- A pizza. Store-bought, or homemade, we leave this up to you
- Ground cheese
- Some ground cannabis. But remember, it’s only lunchtime and we are still going to make dinner as well
- Heat up the pizza in an oven, as you would usually do. Take the pizza out of the oven 8-10 minutes before it is done.
- Sprinkle some cannabis on the pizza and add a layer of cheese on top.
- Place the pizza back in the oven after turning down the heat of the oven to a maximum of 120°C. This is important because at a temperature above 160°C, the THC will vaporize and you will loose all the goodies.
- The pizza is ready to be taken out of the oven when the cheese is molten.
STEAK WITH CHILI CHOCOLATE CANNABIS SAUCE
Steak with chili chocolate sauce?! Yes! Seriously, believe us. Steak with chili chocolate sauce is fantastic. But put some cannabis in the mix and you might reach heavenly.
We will not even try to tell you how to cook the perfect steak, this we leave up to the experts. But we can tell you how to make a simple chili cannabis chocolate sauce.
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. cannabis butter
- 200 grams of chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tsp. of ground chili
- Heat up some water in a saucepan until it simmers.
- Place a heat resistant bowl on top, so the steam coming from the water in the pan can heat up the bowl.
- Add the cream and the cannabis butter in the bowl and melt it while stirring it.
- Add the chili and stir some more, making sure it can’t burn. Once melted, add the chocolate and stir it until it has melted with the butter mix and has no more lumps.
- Your chili chocolate cannabis sauce is now ready to be poured over your steak.
CANNABIS ICE CREAM
What is better after a hot piece of steak with chili chocolate cannabis sauce then some Ice cream? Cannabis ice cream of course!
- 500ml of heavy cream
- 2 cups of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp. of honey
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract (optional)
- 30ml of rum (optional)
- 5-10 grams of ground decarboxylated cannabis
- When cooking with cannabis, it is crucial to decarboxylate the cannabis, so make sure you do that right.
- Mix the butter with the salt and sugar in a saucepan on medium heat and stir it until it has melted. Mix the decarboxylated cannabis with the butter mix, continuing to heat and stir it.
- Meanwhile heat up the cream in a second pan until it’s simmering.
- Put the warm cream and the butter mix in a bowl and add the vanilla, rum and honey.
- Mix everything together until it is a smooth mixture.
- Place the bowl in the freezer and wait a few hours. Once the mixture has become a thicker mash, you can poor it into an ice cream tub. Whisk it until it is smooth again and put it back into the freezer. Now just wait until it is really firm like ice cream and you’re good to go!
Happy 4/20 from the CannaConnection staff!