How to make marijuana-infused milk
Last updated Published
Making your own cannabis-infused milk could not be simpler. Follow these simple steps to prepare your very own. Enjoyable as a refreshing drink or integrate it into everyday cooking.
Milk is often regarded as an essential part of a breakfast routine. Renowned for improving bone density, kids were often told a glass of milk would make them grow up big and strong. Whilst the ideology behind milk remains, its purpose is somewhat lost now that we have grown up. Put the buzz back in drinking milk (literally) by adding your favorite herb- cannabis!
Ever considered how good your favorite milkshake would be if you could get high on it as well? Well now you can, with this incredibly simple recipe to follow. Use it a drink on its own or incorporate into baking or cooking generally. Once the cannabis-infused milk is made, it will keep for as long as your milk would normally, just use the pre-existing use by date. You know what they say, never skip the most important meal of the day, breakfast. Now you can make sure it goes off with a bang, courtesy of cannabis.
Allow roughly 1-1 ½ hours for the preparation and cooking. Before we begin the cooking stages, the most important thing to note is the inclusion of full-fat milk. During the cooking process, the cannabis will bind to the fat. Milk with a lower fat content will not be as potent.
The following items will be needed to prepare cannabis-infused milk:
- Sieve and cheesecloth
- Medium sized saucepan
- Cannabis (strain of your choice)
- Full fat milk
With regards to quantities, imagine that for every ¼ liter of cannabis milk made, that you use roughly a joints worth of weed. In most peoples case 0.5-1g of weed per ¼ liter of milk. If your tolerance is higher or lower than you can adjust accordingly.
- Begin by grinding your cannabis into a fine powder. The finer the better, so it may be worth ensuring you have a quality grinder. Cannabis ground incredibly fine will not only bind better with the milk due to increased surface area, but also leave less residual matter when the milk is drained.
- Pour the full-fat milk into your medium sized saucepan. Bring the milk to a simmer but be careful not to boil. Stir gently with your spatula to prevent the milk burning.
- Now add the cannabis to the milk. Make sure to stir thoroughly so the cannabis is spread evenly. Leaving the mixture to simmer, stir every 15 minutes until it has been gently bubbling for at least one hour. We want to ensure all of the THC binds with the fat so don't get too excited and risk taking it off the heat early. Make sure the heat is a very low simmer - you don't want to boil away all the milk.
- After said hour, leave the milk to cool. Once cooled you are ready to strain the cannabis/milk mixture through your sieve and cheesecloth. This will remove any remaining plant matter. Once strained, empty into an airtight container and you will have your very own cannabis-infused milk. Simple!