How to make cannabis chocolate - an easy recipe
Cannabis and chocolate have been used by humans for centuries. Here's a simple recipe to combine the 2 and make cannabis chocolate at home.
It's safe to say chocolate is the best thing on earth, right? No wait, cannabis is! In reality, cannabis-infused chocolate is perhaps one of the more perfect unions found in this world.
Chocolate has been used for centuries as a food, medicine, and even an aphrodisiac. It’s also considered a stimulant and has many health benefits when consumed in moderation.
In much the same way, cannabis has also been used for thousands of years, as an industrial crop, a medicine, and a spiritual aid. And as we’re well aware, cannabis also has a wide variety of health benefits.
Today, we know that cannabis and chocolate go together like Cheech & Chong. After all, that’s why there's a market for chocolate edibles growing all around the world.
But guess what? You don’t need to rely on companies to get your daily dose of weedy, chocolatey goodness as it is quite easy to make delicious cannabis-infused chocolate at home.
HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS CHOCOLATE AT HOME
Although it might sound tricky, making cannabis-infused chocolate at home is really simple. Just remember to take your time and melt your chocolate slowly, and to use top-shelf weed.
N.B. The following recipe is with an estimated amount of marijuana. Remember that edibles can hit harder then you expect, so feel free to judge the amount according to your own experience. It is strongly advised to first learn how to calculate the strength of edibles.
- 3-5 grams finely-ground Chocolate Haze
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- Glass bowl
- Chocolate mold
- Decarboxylate your weed. To do this, spread it over a lined baking tray and bake at 115°C for about 30-45 minutes. This will help prepare your weed for the absorption process.
- While your weed is in the oven, melt your chocolate. To do so, place a glass bowl on top of a saucepan with simmering water, add in your chocolate, and stir occasionally. The steam will gently heat your chocolate, leaving it smooth and creamy without burning it.
- Chop your decarboxylated cannabis as fine as possible, preferably using a powered herb grinder.
- Add the cannabis to the chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Once well-combined, pour the chocolate into the mold and let it cool. If you do not have a chocolate mould, feel free to use ice cube trays.
- Gently drop the mold on a bench/tabletop a few times to remove any air bubbles from the chocolate.
- Let the chocolate cool and harden in the fridge.
TIPS FOR EVEN MORE IRRESISTIBLE CANNABIS CHOCOLATE
The above recipe is perfect for making plain, dark, cannabis-infused chocolate. Here are some tips to spice it up:
- Try flavoring your chocolate with orange/lemon zest, chili oil, or mint.
- Try adding some M&M’s, raisins or nuts to the chocolate when pouring it in the mold.
- Always use high-quality chocolate and cannabis for best results.
- Always chop your weed as fine as possible.