5 cbd oil-infused recipes
CBD oil is used by millions on a daily basis—all taking it in different ways. Thankfully, since it's an oil, you can incorporate it into all sorts of food recipes. From the sweet to the savoury, here are five great recipes involving CBD oil.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- 1. Why should you cook with CBD oil?
- 2. Golden rules for cooking with CBD oil
- 3. 5 CBD oil recipes
- 4. Which CBD oil-infused recipe should you choose?
People have all sorts of reasons to take CBD oil, with some being more serious than others. As many reasons as there are to use CBD, there are just as many ways to take it. One excellent way is to include it with food. CBD oil is versatile enough that it can be used in pretty much any recipe. However, we will explain why you should, as well as 5 of our favourites foods to include it in.
WHY YOU SHOULD COOK WITH CBD OIL
So, we know you can cook with CBD oil, but why should you? Firstly, it is an extremely convenient way to include CBD as part of your diet. This is especially true if you do not particularly like the taste of CBD oil, but still want to use it.
CBD oil is ingested, which means it goes through the digestive system. This causes it to take a little while to take effect , but when it does, it lasts for hours. Ingesting CBD oil causes it to last longer than if you were vaping or smoking the flower of cannabis, or using an alternative CBD product.
Cooking with CBD oil is also discreet, making it easy to dose snacks and other foods you may eat on the go.
GOLDEN RULES FOR COOKING WITH CBD OIL
Cooking with CBD oil in general is a good move, but there are certain ways to go about it to make sure you achieve the oil's full benefits.
CHOOSE A HIGH-QUALITY PRODUCT
If you're gonna do it, you might as well do it right. This is where research is vital: make sure you pick a high-quality, CO₂-extracted CBD oil. The CBD content should be labelled, and it should be held to strict quality control standards verified by third-party testing.
It's always a good idea to test the waters before using anything new—you can always have more, but you can't have less. With that in mind, make sure to start out taking small doses. Note how you react to that dose, then raise it in small increments as you get more comfortable.
Since you'll be using an oil, you should make sure your recipe calls for a sufficient amount of fat. This could be butter, olive oil, or any other cooking fat, but it should be in the standard recipe. Consider this: if the recipe doesn't account for oil at all, how would it react to CBD oil being there?
NO DIRECT HEAT
Lastly, unlike every other conventional cooking fat, this one should not be heated directly. It can be heated up to 82ºC (180ºF), but anything beyond that will kill the oil's potency.
5 CBD OIL RECIPES
Now there's only one question left to ask: what would you like to cook? You've got a world of opportunities, but every great chef needs somewhere to start. That's why we've put together five simple and fun recipes you can try out today! With savoury, sweet, healthy, and hearty recipes alike, we hope everyone can find something to enjoy.
CBD OATS WITH FRUIT
INGREDIENTS (1 SERVING)
• ⅓–½ cup dairy/non-dairy milk
• 150g rolled oats
• Blueberries, blackberries, raisins, etc. to taste
• Almonds, walnuts, etc. to taste
• Container with lid
1. Pour your oats into the container, followed by your milk of choice. Add in your fruit of choice, around 30–40 grams.
2. Add in your usual dose of CBD oil.
3. Put your lid on the container and place it in your fridge overnight. Take it out the next morning, remove the cover, and enjoy!
CBD PROTEIN BARS
INGREDIENTS (10 BARS)
• 1 cup protein powder (any flavour)
• 1 cup mixed nuts and seeds (to taste)
• ½ cup hemp seeds
• ¼ cup chia seeds
• ¼ cup water
• 20 chopped dates
• 20–30g chopped dark chocolate
• 4 tbsp. coconut oil
• 1 tbsp. peanut/almond/cashew butter
• ¼ tsp. cinnamon
• CBD oil (10x your usual dose)
• Baking sheet
• Parchment paper
• Food processor
• Large bowl
1. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add protein powder, all nuts and seeds, dark chocolate, and cinnamon into the food processor. Blend on medium speed for 10 seconds, pour the mix out into your large bowl, then set it to the side.
3. Grabbing your food processor again, process the dates, nut butter, CBD oil, coconut oil, and water. Blend until fully combined. Don't worry about the dates being fully processed; just make sure the mix is evenly combined. Pour this mix into the large bowl, and combine both mixes well.
4. Pour the resulting mix out onto the sheet, making sure it spreads evenly. Use your spatula to carefully flatten it.
5. Put the tray in the fridge for 2–3 hours. Afterwards, take the tray out, remove the solidified mix, and chop it into equal-sized bars.
CBD MANGO SMOOTHIE
INGREDIENTS (2 SERVINGS)
• 2–2½ cups mango
• 1 banana
• ½ cup dairy/non-dairy milk
• ½ cup yogurt
• Ice (if using fresh fruit)
• CBD oil (1–2 usual doses)
1. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour into cups and serve. Simple enough!
CBD SALAD DRESSING
This is a recipe for lemon dressing, but you can add CBD oil to almost any salad dressing!
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice (~1.5 lemons)
• Zest from 1 lemon
• 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• Salt and pepper to taste
• CBD oil
• Small bowl
1. Mix mustard, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in your bowl.
2. Add in mayonnaise and crushed garlic, followed by your CBD oil.
3. Whisk until emulsified, then add salt and pepper to taste.
CBD GARLIC BUTTER STEAK
INGREDIENTS FOR STEAK
• Steak (any cut)
• Garlic clove (optional)
• 55g butter (optional)
• Olive/other vegetable oil
INGREDIENTS FOR GARLIC BUTTER
• 400g butter
• 15 garlic cloves (chopped)
• 7 tsp. olive/other vegetable oil
• 1 tsp. parsley (optional)
• CBD oil (1 usual dose)
• Chef's knife
• Food processor or bowl and whisk
DIRECTIONS FOR STEAK
1. Rub your steak down with your oil of choice, salt, and pepper. Begin heating your pan with a couple spoons of olive oil around the same time.
2. Depending on the cut of meat you've chosen, let it cook for 2–3 minutes for rare, 5–6 for medium-rare, and so on.
3. Turn over once a minute, rubbing down with a garlic clove each turn, along with some butter, if you want.
4. Let the meat rest for at least 2 minutes after cooking.
DIRECTIONS FOR GARLIC BUTTER
1. Chop the garlic.
2. Mix the butter with the chopped garlic cloves, vegetable oil and parsley until smooth.
3. Take a good tablespoon of butter and work in your dose of CBD oil. You can then serve the butter along with the steak.
Store the rest of the butter in the fridge and use it for your next culinary adventure.
WHICH CBD OIL-INFUSED RECIPE SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
As it goes with any other recipe, you should stick with the ones that fit in with your lifestyle. Vegetarian? Skip the steak! On the go? Try out a smoothie! The only real limits are your budget, taste buds, and imagination—so head to the store and get in your kitchen!