How to make your own cannabis-infused lip balm
Last updated Published
No matter your gender, lip balms are essential, especially for dealing with chapped lips during the winter time. And what better way to do this than by adding your favorite herb into the mix? Not only will you be able to keep your lips healthier and moist, you can get a little buzz in the process.
We made this recipe ourselves with some nice Lemon Haze, but of course you could opt for a strain that only contains CBD so you can benefit from the non-psychoactive properties of cannabinoids.
For those who are uninformed about the process of making lip balm, you may get the impression that is might be difficult. On the contrary, the following recipe requires little effort, and is something virtually anyone can make, given the right ingredients.
- 3 grams of your favorite strain
- Essential oils (a few drops)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Hot plate or stove
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
As you can see, these materials (apart from the weed) can be easily found in your pantry or cupboard. After you have gathered all of these, you are now ready for the entire procedure, which takes a mere five steps to complete.
- After weighing your buds, grind them thoroughly, but not into a powder.
- Using a baking sheet and some parchment paper, spread out your ground buds and place them in your oven under 240°F (115°C) for half an hour.
- Mix together 4 tablespoons of your coconut oil, beeswax, and essential oils, along with your decarboxylated, ground up buds in a pot over low heat. Stir sporadically for 15 minutes. As for the essential oils, you can get creative with this by using lavender, vanilla, or peppermint.
- Leave this mixture to cool for a few minutes; after which, strain it through the cheesecloth, making sure that all of the excess oil is completely squeezed out.
- While the mixture is still in its liquid form, pour it into an empty jar of your choice. To finish the entire process, refrigerate your mixture for up to two hours.