How to make your own wooden pipe
When in need of a pipe to smoke your herbs, but you have nothing at hand, just build your own wooden pipe. It's easier than you think!
Smoking weed from an ordinary tobacco pipe might not be the most efficient way to smoke weed, but it is absolutely an option if you nothing better at hand.
Pipes have been used to smoke weed for centuries, if not thousands of years. Some historians suggest that even William Shakespeare used his pipe to smoke weed, with cannabis residue being found in a pipe excavated from his historical home.
So, if you are a purest, have no rolling papers or other paraphernalia for smoking weed around, or merely feel adventurous, making a simple wooden pipe is a great option. And it’s a lot easier than you might think.
INSTRUCTIONS ON MAKING YOUR OWN PIPE
To get started making the pipe all you need is the following:
- a few drill bits (One for boring and a thinner one for the air passage.)
- dust mask
- wood (We recommend cherry wood, it's easy to work with and looks great.)
- Find or buy two pieces of dry cylindrical cherry wood to be used as your bowl and as your pipe to smoke through. Try and choose suitable shapes you can simply bore a bowl and air passage into without having to majorly reshape the wood.
- With your drill, bore holes into the two pieces to create air passages, and to hollow out the center of the bowl for the marijuana.
- After you have made your holes and fitted the pipes together
next, take your medium sandpaper and round off all the edges smooth.
- A good sanding job should take at least 30 minutes. Keep working the edges round until you are satisfied with the look and feel.
- Finally polish both pieces separately to a bright, smooth shine.
Refit the two pieces back together, and make sure they fit together tightly. Blow through the pipe several times, to make sure there are no air leaks.
And there you go. Your own home-made pipe that would probably even make your old woodworking teacher proud!
Have a look at this video by Owen Woodward if you need somebody to actually show you how to build your own pipe. Not only does he show you how to easily make your own pipe, his laid back attitude is absolutely wonderful.