1st time grower. Autoflowering Indica in soil with 400w type LED grow lights 4x2x6 grow room. Started with VEG light spectrum and changed to BLOOM led spectrum 2 weeks into flowering.
Lost over two weeks due to a soil problem almost immediately after planting the sprouted seeds and was able to recover and have a successful grow. Transplanted from small pint cups to 5 gallon shop pails with holes drilled in the sides 2 inches from the bottom. Soil mix is 1/3 peat, 1/3 earthworm castings, 1/3 perlite and vermiculite.
Grown indoors @ Saskatchewan Canada. Started last week of October 2018.
Final dry harvest yielded 57 grams or 2.01 ounces.
Named Judith (left) and Elanor (right)
used distilled water with 2 seeds and had immediate results after 2-3 days were planted into a mix of 1/3 off each peat moss, earthworm castings, perlite/vermiculite. Sprouted through the soil within one day. Growth stopped due to possible nitrogen levels being too high possibly from using tap water that didn't sit long enough. Fought for 2 weeks without much growth.
Lower the lights closer and flushed the soil with distilled water to save the plants.
Wifi smart plugs setup with scheduled times for the light, exhaust fan, and humidifier. Heater set to specific temperature on auto mode.
1/3 peat moss, 1/3 castings, 1/3 vermicullite and perlite - soil.
Used a soil conditioner and seemed to increase to nitrogen too high? Began using a organic veg fertilizer and then a bloom fertilizer. Gaia Green brand for both. 400 watt equivalent LED light system in a grow room 4x2x6 with humidifier and heater.
almost lost them. had to flush the soil. bounced back with fierce growth. Lost 2+ weeks and replanted into 5gal buckets with drain hole.
flowering has begun, switched to bloom LED spectrum. 20 hours of light. Humidity is around 80%+ and being sucked out by the carbon filter and in-line fan to reduce it
fed 1 tbsp bloom fertilizer
Judith is one the left and Elanor is on the right.
Removed some undergrowth on Judith and a few small buds on the bottom. Only tucked a few leaves out of the way on Elanor.
slow flowering. using GAia Greem Bloom feed.
The smaller plant's buds took off... changed the light schedule to 6am-10pm from 4am-12am. The taller plant stayed in the veg state longer and the crown bud is finally growing too.
just about... one last feeding of bloom fertilizer earlier in the week with a good watering. Keeping temperature at around 65-68F with a small heater. RH is around 35-55% controlled by cycling the exhaust fan at 2 hour on off intervals and one flap open to allow fresh air to enter. Will begin to flush the soil this weekend at flowering day 51. Trichomes are milky and clear, with very few starting to turn darker. Soil flushed in the bathtub with tap water and let sit overnight to drain. Flushed through 10 gallons of water (aprox). moved back into the grow tent in the morning.
Trichomes are still milky... waiting...
The Kola is getting a bit larger, but not much more growth. Just watering with distilled water since flushing and waiting for the trichomes to turn darker... always waiting :) I'm worried I flushed too early and could have used more bloom food. :(
Checking the trichomes daily now with a jeweler's loop, and only have cloudy thrichomes. Harvest happens next weekend regardless.
HARVEST! Cut, partially wet trimmed and hung in the tent. Have small heater keeping the temp close to 60F or 16C and RH at 50% using the fan to suck out humidity.
Day 1 and 2 - Vent fan runs every 2 hours for 15 minutes. Seem to be working great right now.
Day 3 - Added a second row to space them out better for air flow and allow for more ven drying.
Day 4 of hang drying and RH is staying around 37%, so reduced fan on times to every 5 hours and will monitor to keep RH up to 50%. Heater still set to 60F.
Day 5 have humidifier running every 5 hours on low for 10 minutes to increase RH closer to 50% and still the fan to replace the air every 3 hours after in 5 hour intervals.
Day 7 and everything has crisped nicely, but still a bit more moisture in the branches and the buds don't snap off. Not quite ready from what I've read everywhere.
Final dry harvest yielded 57 grams or 2.01 ounces.
Placed into quart sized sealed containers to cure, open twice a day to let air in for about 10-20 minutes for the first week, then once a day for half of the next week, then once every second day and decreasing frequency after that. Will vacuum seal most of the harvest after 4-6 weeks of curing. When I started curing, the cannabis was crisp on the outside and moist in the center, the crisp outsides remain, but are less crunchy after about a week. May have over dried, so I added a slice of white bread to each container for 3 hours, and brought back to life nicely. Still monitoring for over hydration. Will add a Boveda (8gram) 62% humidity pack before vacuum sealing.
By SativalexJan 2-2019
Curious how much bud you managed to get from this.
By AlimikeJan 4-2019
None yet. We are still waiting for the flowering to finish. We lost 2-3 weeks at the seedling stage and are on week 11. I will report back when harvest. THe one plant is an amazing 4 feet tall and the other about 2.5-3 feet. Pretty tall for an auto, so hoping for a good harvest. This is my 1st time growing.